Imran Khan: I was labelled a one-film-wonder

Subscribe to get latest gossips on your mail box


Latest News

Imran Khan: I was labelled a one-film-wonder

Saturday, February 11, 2012 | Tags: , , ,
Digg it | Stumble it | Save to Del.ico.us

07slid1 Imran Khan: I was labelled a one film wonder

At 29, Imran Khan has learnt just how fickle Bollywood can be — being born in a film family can be a good thing but not always.

He has learned it the hard way. His career was launched by uncle Aamir Khan with Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na that was a huge success. It was followed by a couple of box office duds, which resulted in a lean period. Eventually, his career picked up.

As he gets ready for the release of his eighth film, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Imran sat down with Aseem Chhabra in New York, reflecting on fame, his career, and the US, a country with which he has a special relationship.

Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is the first film you have made in the US. What is the difference in shooting a film in India and the US?

There’s a big difference. In the US, you have one guy with the camera, a sound guy, a couple of light guys and that’s your team.

In India, you never, ever have a set with less than 80 or 100 people. It’s insane. So you are literally climbing over people, stumbling into them. I am used to acting like that where I am looking at the camera, with a dozen guys running behind and someone is yelling ‘Yeh hata, hata’ during the take.

And suddenly I am here and there is silence. When I saw one guy behind the camera, I asked ‘Where is everyone?’ and I was told ‘No sir that is all we need.’

Read more on:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-interview-with-imran-khan/20120208.htm

Bookmark and Share



What Next?
Link To This Page:


Link To Home Page:



Subscribe to Addicted Online or subscribe in as a reader

0 Responses to Imran Khan: I was labelled a one-film-wonder

ping

LATEST: