I stepped into films just for the fun: Bipasha Basu

Subscribe to get latest gossips on your mail box


Latest News

I stepped into films just for the fun: Bipasha Basu

Monday, January 09, 2012 | Tags: , ,
Digg it | Stumble it | Save to Del.ico.us

The 33-year-old actress says she had joined films because she wanted a break from modelling. (Reuters) Bipasha Basu, who celebrates her birthday today, began her Bollywood journey 10 years ago says that she has come a long way from being the lost child that she was.

It was in September 2001 that she made her acting debut with 'Ajnabee' and 10 years down the line, she is reuniting with Abbas-Mustan as well as her co-star Bobby Deol in 'Players', which released this week.

"Audience has been quite gracious in accepting me as an actor. Frankly, I have learnt it all on the job. Otherwise when I started off in 'Ajnabee', I was pretty much a lost child. I have grown from that point on and am far more responsible today," said Bipasha.

The 33-year-old actress says she had joined films because she wanted a break from modelling.

"I stepped into films just for the fun of it because I had got bored of modelling. I didn't have any clue what acting was all about and it is to the credit of Abbas-Mustan that they held my finger and guided me throughout."

The director duo's confidence in the actress is pretty much evident from the fact that she stays on to be their favourite film after film.

While they have repeated her in 'Race 2', Bipasha was also the leading lady in their 'Mr Fraud' which unfortunately never got completed. The bond between the trio has only thickened over the decade gone by.

"Abbas-Mustan are really very forward thinking directors. They not only devise innovative plotlines but also think out of the box when it comes to execution. They are so advanced and their ideas are ahead of the times. 10 years back who could have imagined a film on wife swapping (Ajnabee)," she said.



What Next?
Link To This Page:


Link To Home Page:



Subscribe to Addicted Online or subscribe in as a reader

0 Responses to I stepped into films just for the fun: Bipasha Basu

ping

LATEST: